DMT Chemically Competent Cell is designed for chemical transformation of DNA. It permits a transformation efficiency of over 10⁸ cfu/μg (tested by pUC19 DNA).
F– φ80 lacZΔM15 Δ(lacZYA-argF)U169 recA1 endA1 hsdR17(rK –, mK +)phoA supE44 thi-1 gyrA96 relA1 tonA
– High transformation efficiency: >10⁸ cfu/μg (pUC19 DNA).
– Resistance to T1 and T5 phage.
– In vivo digestion of methylated DNA, suitable for site-directed mutagenesis.
1. Thaw a vial of 50 μl DMT Chemically Competent Cell on ice, add target DNA into the tube and mix gently. Incubate the cells on ice for 30 minutes.
2. Heat-shock the cells for 45 seconds at 42oC, and then quickly remove the tube from the 42oC water bath and place them on ice for 2 minutes. Do not shake the tube during this procedure.
3. Add 500 μl of sterile SOC medium or LB medium (no antibiotic) into the tube, mix well and shake at 37oC for 1 hour at 200 rpm to resuscitate cells.
4. According to the experiment requirement (plasmid, transformation of recombinant ligation product), add different volumes of transformed cells into corresponding antibiotic-containing LB medium. Spread the transformed cells on selective plate. Invert the plate and incubate at 37oC overnight.